COVID-19 situation in Thailand
• 157 new cases of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 23,903.
• Of these, 79.1% (18,914) have recovered, 0.3% (80) have died, and 20.5% (4,909) are receiving treatment or are in isolation.
One new death was reported today.
• Of 4,909 cases who are receiving treatment, 2,593 are in conventional hospitals and 2,316 are in field hospitals.
• The 157 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include 8 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities and 5 individuals who entered Thailand to receive treatment. 38 cases detected through the routine surveillance system linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases, in Bangkok (8), Samut Songkhram (1), Maha Sarakham (1) and Samut Sakhon (28).
Of these, 7 are migrant workers and 31 are Thai nationals. 106 cases including migrant workers (69) and Thai nationals (37) identified through active case finding, in Samut Songkhram (2) and Samut Sakhon (104). This brings the cumulative total in this group to 13,545 cases.
• The new cases reported today include a 2-day-old infant – the youngest patient reported in Thailand so far.
• Of 144 cases acquired in Thailand, about 92% were detected in Samut Sakhon, 6% in Bangkok and 3% in other provinces.
• During the new wave (between 15th December 2020 and 10th February 2021), 19,666 confirmed cases have been reported, of which 5,321 were detected through the routine surveillance system, 13,545 were detected through active case finding and 800 were in individuals who entered Thailand from other countries. At present, 14,974 have recovered, 4,672 are receiving treatment, and 20 have died.
The Role of Telemedicine Today: During and Beyond the COVID-19
Lockdowns, quarantine periods, and hospitals fast filling to the brink needed the medical community to come up with solutions fast. Telemedicine was uniquely placed to help solve many of these problems.
Southeast Asia Covid-19 Latest News
The Delta variant has ripped through Southeast Asia in recent weeks, undoing many countries’ progress against the Covid-19 pandemic. Indonesia has been hit especially hard.
Can border reopening revive tourism in South-East Asia?
In Thailand, where pre-pandemic tourism accounted for 11-12% of GDP, the country lost an estimated $50bn last year as Covid-19...
Thailand dropped from UK’s tough covid-19 travel ‘red list’
Earlier, Thailand was listed among countries with high infection levels that were put on a ‘red list’, requiring arrivals to...
The ASEAN-Russia Trade and Investment Cooperation Work Program
ASEAN and Russia recently agreed to enhance and widen economic cooperation at the 10th ASEAN Economic Ministers (AEM)-Russia Consultations held...
Flexible Workspace Startup Worklounge Debuts with 20+ Luxury Member Lounges in Thailand
Worklounge launches a premium membership granting remote professionals and executives access to exclusive hotel lounges across Thailand. Their platform is...
5 insights to guide ASEAN’s digital generation in a post-pandemic world
We surveyed 86,000 people from six ASEAN countries about their views for a post-pandemic world. The ASEAN Digital Generation Report...