- Download document (PDF | 667.76 KB | English version)
- Download document (PDF | 340.54 KB | Thai version)
COVID-19 situation in Thailand
• 836 new cases (up 4.3% from previous day’s cumulative total) of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 20,454.
• Of these, 65% (13,217) have recovered, 0.4% (78) have died, and 35% (7,158) are receiving treatment or are in isolation.
Two new deaths were reported today.
The 836 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include
17 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities.
109 cases detected through the routine COVID-19 surveillance system linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases in Samut Songkhram (2), Nonthaburi (1), Bangkok (7) and Samut Sakhon (99). Of these, 81 are migrant workers and 28 are Thai nationals.
710 cases including migrant workers (648) and Thai nationals (62) identified in relation to the event in Samut Sakhon through active case finding, in Samut Sakhon (688) and Bangkok (22). This brings the cumulative total in this group to 10,788 cases.
• COVID-19 cases acquired in Thailand in the new wave have now been reported in 63 provinces. No additional provinces reported new cases today.
• The 10 provinces reporting more than 50 cumulative cases in the new wave are Samut Sakhon (11,969), Bangkok (795),
Chonburi (649), Rayong (580), Samut Prakan (360), Chanthaburi (221), Nonthaburi (166), Ang Thong (113), Pathum Thani (87), and Nakhon Pathom (78).
The Role of Telemedicine Today: During and Beyond the COVID-19
Lockdowns, quarantine periods, and hospitals fast filling to the brink needed the medical community to come up with solutions fast. Telemedicine was uniquely placed to help solve many of these problems.
Southeast Asia Covid-19 Latest News
The Delta variant has ripped through Southeast Asia in recent weeks, undoing many countries’ progress against the Covid-19 pandemic. Indonesia has been hit especially hard.
Can border reopening revive tourism in South-East Asia?
In Thailand, where pre-pandemic tourism accounted for 11-12% of GDP, the country lost an estimated $50bn last year as Covid-19...
Thailand dropped from UK’s tough covid-19 travel ‘red list’
Earlier, Thailand was listed among countries with high infection levels that were put on a ‘red list’, requiring arrivals to...
The ASEAN-Russia Trade and Investment Cooperation Work Program
ASEAN and Russia recently agreed to enhance and widen economic cooperation at the 10th ASEAN Economic Ministers (AEM)-Russia Consultations held...
Flexible Workspace Startup Worklounge Debuts with 20+ Luxury Member Lounges in Thailand
Worklounge launches a premium membership granting remote professionals and executives access to exclusive hotel lounges across Thailand. Their platform is...
5 insights to guide ASEAN’s digital generation in a post-pandemic world
We surveyed 86,000 people from six ASEAN countries about their views for a post-pandemic world. The ASEAN Digital Generation Report...