Table of Contents
- Types Of Information That May Be Collected
- How Information May Be Collected
- How We Use The Information Collected
- Third-Party Ad Serving & Audience and Traffic Measurement Services
- With Whom Information May Be Shared
- Correcting/Updating Personal Information
- Chat Rooms, Forums, And Message Boards
- Third Party Content and Links To Other Web Sites
- Consent To Transfer
- A Special Note For Parents Concerning Privacy
TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Web Site Usage Information & Device Identifiers
We may receive and store certain types of web site usage information whenever you visit or interact with the Web Sites. For example, we may collect the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view, other similar information and your IP address. We also may collect your IP address or some other unique identifier for the particular device you use to access the Internet, as applicable (collectively referred to herein as a “Device Identifier”).
A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer, your cell phone, or other device used to access the Internet, and our computers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We may associate your Device Identifier with the personal information you provide. When analyzed, web site usage information helps us determine how visitors arrive at the Web Sites, what type of content is most popular, and what type of visitors are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising.
Information You Provide Us
We may ask you to provide us with two types of information:
(1) personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, e-mail address, cell phone number, and physical address; and
(2) demographic information, such as gender, zip code, or similar information. We may collect this information at various places and forms on the Web Sites, including registration forms for newsletters and other communications (e.g., whether by e-mail, mobile device, etc.), when you communicate or otherwise interact with us, when you submit information to us (whether or not the information is intended to be posted on the Web Sites), contests or sweepstakes, surveys or voting or when you purchase a product or service through the Web Sites. You may also be asked to choose a user name and password in order to identify yourself during future visits to the Web Sites.
Do not use your real name or the name of any other actual person as your user name. Providing us with information about yourself is your choice, and you can always choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of the Web Sites’ features.
For your convenience, if you register with one of our Web Sites through which you create a user name and password, that user name and password may work on the other Web Sites where user names and passwords are utilized. The personal information you provide and any additional information we collect about you may be used by us and across all of the Web Sites.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources; for example, we may obtain geographic or demographic information, or information regarding your possible interests, from third parties, or we may receive information from a marketing partner in connection with a co-branded web site or promotion.
Send To A Friend
If you send a friend a communication from the Web Sites, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.) is used on a one-time basis to facilitate the communication and is not used for any other marketing purpose, unless we obtain additional consent.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
The Web Sites and any communications sent by the Web Sites may contain electronic images (generally, single-pixel “.gif” images) called “web beacons.” These web beacons allow Company and third parties to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of the web page, web-based document, e-mail message or other communication, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the Device Identifier of the device that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Company’s use of web beacons on its Web Sites, include, without limitation, the following:
- counting unique users (actually, unique web browsers), visits and page views.
- monitoring traffic and conversion patterns through our various product and service offerings on the Web Sites. For example, web beacons may be integrated into a merchandise product page as well as the subsequent shopping cart, transaction and verification pages.
- personalizing your experience when you visit the Web Sites, including the advertising and content you see.
- determining whether or not messages were opened, links were clicked or notifications/offers were acted upon.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information you provide to us may be used to:
- Send you newsletters and/or other communications for which you have registered;
- Confirm or fulfill an order you have made;
- Provide special offers or promotional materials to you on behalf of us or third parties;
- Contact you with regard to a sweepstakes, contest or promotion in which you have participated;
- Authorize a purchase or complete a transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the products or other services that you ordered, and, if necessary, to invoice you;
- Monitor or improve the Web Sites;
- Administer the Web Sites’ systems and for other internal business purposes;
- Customize the advertising and content you see;
- For other purposes disclosed when you provide your information.
Please note that information submitted to the Web Sites via a “contact us,” or other similar mechanisims will not necessarily receive a response. We will not use any such information you provide to contact you for marketing purposes unrelated to your request.
THIRD-PARTY AD SERVING & AUDIENCE AND TRAFFIC MEASUREMENT SERVICES
WITH WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
Except as otherwise disclosed at the time you provide your information, the following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
Third parties providing services on our behalf
We employ third parties to perform functions on our behalf; examples include hosting or operating Web Sites, fulfilling orders for products and services purchased through the Web Sites, sending e-mailand/or other communications, providing wireless services, removing repetitive information from customer lists, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card payment processing, and customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information for the purpose of performing such functions on the Web Sites’ behalf.
We may share non-personal information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and web site usage information with third parties.
When You Agree To Receive Information From Third Parties
Products and Services Offered in Partnership with Third-Party(s)
Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions through the Web Sites that may require registration. If you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the promotion.
Company shares the information collected through the Web Sites with and among the Web Sites, and may share the information with its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates. Company or any of it assets, including the Web Sites, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personal information is one of the key business assets for the transaction. In such a case, your personal information may be one of the business assets we transfer. Hence, Company reserves the right to disclose and transfer user information, including personal information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our assets, or other corporate change.
Legal Protections and Law Enforcement
We may disclose information about our users, including your personal information, in the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other valid law enforcement measures; to comply with a legal obligation; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Web Sites and applicable laws; or to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of the Web Sites, our users or others. We may also use Device Identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Web Sites may contain web pages through which you can change your subscriptions or correct or update the personal information you have provided to us through registration with one or more of the Web Sites. With regard to subscriptions, you also may cancel (or modify if applicable) your subscriptions by following the instructions provided to you in applicable communications regarding such subscriptions.
CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
THIRD PARTY CONTENT AND LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
The Web Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Web Sites or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
Company incorporates reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your personal information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, or wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Company via its Web Sites, and you do so at your own risk.
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
The Web Sites are general audience web sites. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) on the Web Sites and we will delete any information later determined to be from a user younger than thirteen (13).
Thailand to tackle plastic waste by 2030
The average Thai consumer uses approximately eight plastic bags a day – or 500 million plastic bags per day for...
Bangkok’s electricity consumption hits new record high
Bangkok’s electricity consumption surged to a new high of 29,680.3 megawatts on Saturday night due mainly to widespread use of...
Bangkok most popular city for Japanese tourists
BANGKOK, 21st April 2019 (NNT) – Lt Gen Werachon Sukondhapatipak, the deputy spokesman of the Thai government, revealed that Minister...
Thailand to the Forefront of Asia and ASEAN’s MICE Industry
Bangkok ranks second most sustainable MICE destination in Asia in the 2018 Global Destination Sustainability Index Thailand is now among...
Understanding Asia’s fast-moving digital ecosystem
in 2017, Asia saw 319 million new mobile connections, compared with just 5 million new mobile connections in Europe over...