The current government has realized the importance of the startup industry and have made it one of the three “S” that the government wanted to further support including Startup, SME (small and medium enterprise), and Social enterprise.
This led to the attempt to get rid of the old mechanisms and the move towards a new model that allow the private sector to become more involve in state’s stimulation decisions. The supportive measures include:
Regulations and Law
- Looking to amend the corporate law to allow a single individual to register as corporate entity to support entrepreneur.
- Preparing to amend the Board of Investment (BOI)’s regulations to allow a single individual with potential idea in the targeted industries to gain BOI privileges. Current regulation only allows targeted firms that already have machinery.
- The Business Security Act will be changed from having a requirement for various guarantees and mortgages to just only having an idea is already enough for a business security.
- There might be some tax incentives or some guarantees to encourage investors.
- The creation of an ecosystem that will foster sources of supports and funding including incubator, venture capital, and crowdfunding.
- Encourage startup to enter…
Global fashion e-tailer Shein launches new hub in Singapore
Digital Revolution and Repression in Myanmar and Thailand
Activists have also proactively published social media content in multiple languages using the hashtags #WhatsHappeningInMyanmar and #WhatsHappeningInThailand to boost coverage of events on the ground.
Thailand Approves Package to Attract Wealthy Foreigners and Professionals
Thailand’s Cabinet has approved an economic stimulus and investment promotion package aimed at attracting wealthy foreigners and highly skilled professionals...
The Role of Telemedicine Today: During and Beyond the COVID-19
Lockdowns, quarantine periods, and hospitals fast filling to the brink needed the medical community to come up with solutions fast....
Malaysia, Thailand banks to join the ASEAN Banking Integration Framework
Banking institutions from Thailand and Malaysia are invited to join the ASEAN Banking Integration Framework and indicate their interest to...
Climate Change Could Force 49 Million People to Migrate in East Asia and the Pacific
Out-migration hotspots in agricultural areas of central Thailand and Myanmar coincide with areas expected to see declines in both water...
Thailand BOI Approves Measures to Support Carbon Reduction
greenhouse gas emission as well as an enhanced scheme for electric vehicles and measures to mitigate Covid-19 impacts and support...