Central Group and its affiliates join hands with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), inviting everyone to take action to reduce environmental impacts from our daily lives in order to protect our one and only world.
Highlighting its environmental commitment, Central Group has launched “Love the Earth” campaign to advance its Journey to Zero, Central Green, and Forest Restoration initiatives through three main themes: Better Living, Better Shopping, and Better Travelling, in order to achieve its environmental goals sustainably.
Pichai Chirathivat, Executive Director of Central Group, said that Central Group is committed to its environmental and Circular Economy policies, with real actions in many projects and business approaches under its companies such as Central Retail, Central Pattana and Centara. These include promoting products that are environment-friendly, reducing waste throughout its supply chain, effectively utilizing energy and resources, managing plastic waste and food waste, carbon emission reduction, and working with various sectors to drive environmental projects. The Group also raises awareness about sustainable production and consumption. On the occasion of World Environment Day 2022, Central Group invites its customers and all sectors to take action today for a better tomorrow and future. Everyone can protect the world through responsible living under the “Love the Earth” campaign which is in the Central Tham initiative. The campaign responds to the company’s Journey to Zero, Central Green and Forest Restoration commitments, which are in line with the UN’s SDGs. The campaign includes three key themes which can easily be adapted to everyday lives.
- Better Living: Making your living and consumption more sustainable, starting with waste separation, energy saving, and adding green space.
- Starting simply with correct waste separation by separating plastic bottles, glass bottles and cans so that they can enter the recycling process. Separate food waste and put it into a compost bin so that it can be turned into fertilizers. This helps reduce waste and ensures natural resources are maximized.
- Choosing to consume sustainable food, vegetables and fruits such as organic produce, locally grown produce, seasonal vegetables and fruits, GI products, and local dishes.
- Using solar energy and EV cars which are more common and convenient today.
- Protecting nature and biodiversity by planting trees on special occasions such as on birthday or giving trees to loved ones as a gift as well as joining various activities with the Department of National Parks or environmental organizations to plant trees and add green areas. An example is the Plant Together project, which is available online and allows users to see what trees are planted, the status, the location, and the growth process. This makes it more convenient for users and makes the world a better place.
- Supporting recycling, upcycling and reusing.
- Seeking inspiration to save the environment by going to exhibitions about forest conservation and recycling, such as…