The Fiscal Policy Office FPO has projected that the earnings from tourism this year will reach 770 billion THB with the number of foreign visitors surpassing 19.5 million.
According to the statistics, the FPO indicated that around 1.49 million foreign tourists came to Thailand in June 2011, which was an increase of 53.9 percent. The figure for the first half of this year totaled 9.7 million people, growing by 28.1 percent, as opposed to 12.6 percent late last year
Thailand’s higher tourist number is attributable to the upbeat Asian market, especially Northeast Asia and ASEAN.The FPO pointed out that foreign travelers played an important role in the promotion of the Thai economy. If the political situation remains calm and there are no major natural disasters, the number of foreign visitors to the Kingdom throughout this year could touch 19.5 million, expanding by 22.7 percent and generating over 770 billion THB.
Adjustments in Thailand’s tourism industry
Thailand, especially the tourism and hospitality industry, have made various adjustments to prepare to welcome travellers again when the country is fully open.
Due to the COVID-19, businesses in Thailand, especially the tourism and hospitality industry, have made various adjustments to make it through this situation to prepare to welcome travellers again when the country is fully open.(more…)
Thai government may subsidise an unlimited domestic air pass
The government looks to offer a subsidy for an unlimited travel pass to people who buy domestic air tickets in advance to help struggling airlines in Thailand.
COVID-19 situation in Thailand as of 21 February 2021
• 150 new cases of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 25,111.
No new deaths were reported today.
• Of the cases reported in Thailand, 95.4% (23,946) have recovered, 0.3% (82) have died, and 4.3% (1,083) are receiving treatment or are in isolation (870 are in conventional hospitals and 213 in field hospitals).
• The laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include
8 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities.
38 cases detected through the routine surveillance system linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases in Samut Sakhon (19 Thais, 7 Burmese), Bangkok (5 Thais), Pathum Thani (3 Burmese), Maha Sarakham (1 Thai), Ayutthaya (1 Burmese), Tak (1 Thai), and Nakhon Pathom (1 Thai).
104 cases identified through active case finding in Pathum Thani (17 Thais, 24 Burmese, 1 Laotian) and Samut Sakhon (2 Thais, 60 Burmese).
• Of 142 cases acquired in Thailand, 62% were detected in Samut Sakhon, 4% in Bangkok and 35% in other provinces.
• During the new wave (between 15 December 2020 and 18 February 2021), 20,874 confirmed cases have been reported, of which 5,727 were detected through the routine surveillance system, 14,256 through active case finding and 891 are in individuals who entered Thailand, detected through screening in quarantine. At present, 19,769 have recovered, 1,083 are receiving treatment, and 22 have died.
• Confirmed cases in the new wave in Thailand have been reported in 63 provinces.
The post Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in Thailand as of 21 February 2021, 11.30 Hrs. appeared first on TAT Newsroom.
How much do you need to retire in Thailand?
The lowest in Southeast Asia is Indonesia at USD290,599, followed by Malaysia at USD321,614. Vietnam is competitive at USD353,906. Cambodia...
ASEAN builds up minerals cooperation
The two-day workshop discussed the initial findings and recommendations from the drafts of the DPAMC Study and the AMDIS Scoping...
Traveloka to launch financial services in Vietnam and Thailand
Traveloka, which says it has 40 million active monthly users, is developing “buy now, pay later” services for Vietnam and...
Singapore’s Resilience Package: Support for Businesses and Jobs in 2021
The maximum loan quantum for domestic projects is S$30 million (US$22.7 million) and the government’s risk-share of loans is up...
US pledges to enhance cooperation with Mekong subregion’s countries
The US will bolster support for countries in the Mekong subregion through the Mekong-US partnership, US Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary...
1.7 million Thais without smartphones register for "Rao Chana" benefits
The Rao Chana scheme has seen a large number of Thais who don't have smartphones visiting the branches of Krung...