The Fiscal Policy Office FPO has projected that the earnings from tourism this year will reach 770 billion THB with the number of foreign visitors surpassing 19.5 million.
According to the statistics, the FPO indicated that around 1.49 million foreign tourists came to Thailand in June 2011, which was an increase of 53.9 percent. The figure for the first half of this year totaled 9.7 million people, growing by 28.1 percent, as opposed to 12.6 percent late last year
Thailand’s higher tourist number is attributable to the upbeat Asian market, especially Northeast Asia and ASEAN.The FPO pointed out that foreign travelers played an important role in the promotion of the Thai economy. If the political situation remains calm and there are no major natural disasters, the number of foreign visitors to the Kingdom throughout this year could touch 19.5 million, expanding by 22.7 percent and generating over 770 billion THB.
Adjustments in Thailand’s tourism industry
Thailand, especially the tourism and hospitality industry, have made various adjustments to prepare to welcome travellers again when the country is fully open.
Due to the COVID-19, businesses in Thailand, especially the tourism and hospitality industry, have made various adjustments to make it through this situation to prepare to welcome travellers again when the country is fully open.(more…)
Thai government may subsidise an unlimited domestic air pass
The government looks to offer a subsidy for an unlimited travel pass to people who buy domestic air tickets in advance to help struggling airlines in Thailand.
COVID-19 situation in Thailand as of 21 February 2021
• 150 new cases of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 25,111.
No new deaths were reported today.
• Of the cases reported in Thailand, 95.4% (23,946) have recovered, 0.3% (82) have died, and 4.3% (1,083) are receiving treatment or are in isolation (870 are in conventional hospitals and 213 in field hospitals).
• The laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include
8 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities.
38 cases detected through the routine surveillance system linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases in Samut Sakhon (19 Thais, 7 Burmese), Bangkok (5 Thais), Pathum Thani (3 Burmese), Maha Sarakham (1 Thai), Ayutthaya (1 Burmese), Tak (1 Thai), and Nakhon Pathom (1 Thai).
104 cases identified through active case finding in Pathum Thani (17 Thais, 24 Burmese, 1 Laotian) and Samut Sakhon (2 Thais, 60 Burmese).
• Of 142 cases acquired in Thailand, 62% were detected in Samut Sakhon, 4% in Bangkok and 35% in other provinces.
• During the new wave (between 15 December 2020 and 18 February 2021), 20,874 confirmed cases have been reported, of which 5,727 were detected through the routine surveillance system, 14,256 through active case finding and 891 are in individuals who entered Thailand, detected through screening in quarantine. At present, 19,769 have recovered, 1,083 are receiving treatment, and 22 have died.
• Confirmed cases in the new wave in Thailand have been reported in 63 provinces.
The post Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in Thailand as of 21 February 2021, 11.30 Hrs. appeared first on TAT Newsroom.
BoI allows private sector in border logistics center
NAKHON PHANOM (NNT) – The Thailand Board of Investment (BoI) has agreed to allow the private sector getting involved in...
Thailand Post joins Prompt Song app to buy supplies at market for restaurants
BANGKOK (NNT) – Thailand Post Distribution Co., Ltd. has joined with the Prompt Song application to buy supplies at a...
Mainland China is in no position to take Taiwan by force
Unlike his predecessors, Chinese President Xi Jinping has demonstrated greater intensity in the desire for reunification.
Thai Gaming Startups And Trends For 2021
Thailand is one of Southeast Asia's most important markets for mobile games. There are about 531 Thai publishers on Google...
COVID-19 situation in Thailand as of 27 February 2021
The post Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in Thailand as of 27 February 2021, 11.30 Hrs. appeared first on TAT...
Thailand’s Stock Exchange (SET) welcomes leading oil and retail business operator OR
SET News 10/2021 February 10, 2021 SET welcomes leading oil and retail business operator OR on Feb 11 BANGKOK, February...
Subscribe via Email
Business3 days ago
THAI airways to sell training center building to raise more funding
Health4 days ago
200,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine Distributed to 13 Thai provinces
National2 days ago
Thailand to further ease COVID-19 restrictions
Asean5 days ago
India, ASEAN Agree to Review FTA Scope, Address Uneven Market Access