Bangkok is poised to build a massive candle-like skyscraper that will be the tallest observation tower in Southeast Asia at 459 metres high.
The new tower, which will be built on Thai government land by the Bangkok Observation Tower Foundation and the National Identity Foundation, has recently been given the go-head by the country’s cabinet.
The shape of the building is modelled after a candle, a nod to the lighting of candles on the birthday of the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej “as a symbolic gesture of lighting up the country with prosperity.” The death of the King in 2016, after a 77-year reign, resulted in a period of national mourning across the country that led to more subdued celebrations in a country that is a famous for its festivals.
Thailand faces zero tourists, zero revenue situation
Thailand has effectively closed its doors to non-resident foreigners under a state of emergency that came into force on Thursday (March 26), bringing down tourist entries close to nil.
Emirates suspends all passenger operations
Emirates retains cargo operations, but temporarily suspends passenger operations by 25 March
- Emirates retains cargo operations, but temporarily suspends passenger operations by 25 March
- dnata significantly reduces operations, including temporary closure of operations at some international locations where demand is low
- Group implements basic salary reduction for majority of employees for three months, will not cut jobs
- Supports government measures to safeguard community health
COVID-19 could cut 30 million jobs in the tourism industry in Asia
The coronavirus epidemic is putting up to 50 million jobs in the global travel and tourism sector at risk, with travel likely to slump by a quarter this year, Asia being the most affected continent
- The World Travel and Tourism Council has warned the COVID-19 pandemic could cut 50 million jobs worldwide in the travel and tourism industry.
- Asia is expected to be the worst affected.
- Once the outbreak is over, it could take up to 10 months for the industry to recover.
- The tourism industry currently accounts for 10% of global GDP.
What is Forex Trading and how it works?
Why do the investors choose Forex trading? Forex trading is traded by currency pairs. This is because all currency trading...
APRIL International Care opens up TeleHEALTH service to address Coronavirus worries
The TeleHEALTH service means policyholders do not have to leave their home or workplace to “see” a doctor, with a...
Thailand rolls out New Investment Measures to Boost Economy
The new definition of qualified applicants now includes businesses that have not previously received BOI promotion privileges as long as...
Subscribe via Email
- Banking2 days ago
Thailand’s Banking Outlook changed to negative (Moody’s)
- Economics5 days ago
Thai Cabinet approves Measures to Ease Economic Impact of COVID-19
- Economics4 days ago
EAP Countries Brace for Economic Shock of COVID-19
- Asean5 days ago
Assessing the economic impacts of COVID-19 on ASEAN countries