- Download document (PDF | 777.63 KB | English version)
- Download document (PDF | 671.93 KB | Thai version)
COVID-19 situation in Thailand
- 829 new cases (4% cumulative case increase) of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 18,782. No new deaths were reported today.
- Of these, 62% (11,615) have recovered, 0.4% (77) have died, and 38% (7,090) are receiving treatment or are in isolation.
- The 829 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include:
- 7 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities.
- 91 cases linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases, in Samut Sakhon (79), Bangkok (6), Nakhon Pathom (1), Nonthaburi (1), Khon Kaen (1), Ratchaburi (1), Lopburi (1) and Samut Songkhram (1). Of these, 50 are migrant workers and 41 are Thai nationals.
- The remaining 731 cases reported today are migrant workers (682) and Thai nationals (49), who were identified in relation to the event in Samut Sakhon through contact tracing and active case finding, in Samut Sakhon (722), Maha Sarakham (4), Bangkok (1), Chonburi (1), Pathum Thani (1), Rayong (1) and Samut Songkhram (1). This brings the cumulative total in this group to 9,284 cases.
- The high daily case count of around 700 new cases per day for the last 6 days reflects the surveillance strategy of targeted active surveillance amongst the workers in the 4,000 plus factories located in Samut Sakhon. These large counts reflect the testing methods (see Sitrep 123 for an explanation) and represent both current and historical infections, and therefore the large daily case counts are not necessarily all new infections.
- During the new wave (between 15th December 2020 and 31st January 2021), 14,545 confirmed cases have been reported, of which 4,576 were classified as local transmission, 9,284 were detected through active case finding and 685 were in individuals who entered Thailand from other countries. At present, 7,675 have recovered, 6,853 are receiving treatment, and 17 have died.
- Locally transmitted COVID-19 cases have now been reported in 63 provinces. No additional provinces reported new cases today (for 11 consecutive days). Only 17 provinces reported new cases in the past 7 days.