- Download document (PDF | 754.46 KB | English version)
- Download document (PDF | 338 KB | Thai version)
COVID-19 situation in Thailand
• 795 new cases (up 3.7% from previous day’s cumulative total) of laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 were announced by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand bringing the total number of cases to date to 21,249.
• Of these, 65.9% (14,001) have recovered, 0.4% (79) have died, and 33.7% (7,169) are receiving treatment or are in isolation. No new deaths were reported today.
• The 795 laboratory-confirmed cases reported today include
- 12 individuals who arrived recently in Thailand and were diagnosed in quarantine facilities.
- 24 cases detected through the routine surveillance system linked to occupational risk, visiting crowded places or contact with confirmed cases in Bangkok (4), Tak (1), Maha Sarakham (1) and Samut Sakhon (18). Of these, 13 are migrant workers and 11 are Thai nationals.
- 759 cases including migrant workers (667) and Thai nationals (92) identified through active case finding in Samut Sakhon (759). This brings the cumulative total in this group to 11,547 cases.
• Of 7,169 cases who are receiving treatment, 2,085 are in conventional hospitals and 5,084 are in field hospitals.
• During the new wave (between 15th December 2020 and 3rd February 2021), 17,012 confirmed cases have been reported, of which 4,747 were detected through the routine surveillance system, 11,547 were detected through active case finding and 718 were in individuals who entered Thailand from other countries.
• COVID-19 cases acquired in Thailand in the new wave have been reported in 63 provinces. No additional provinces reported new cases today. No new cases have been reported in 46 provinces in the past seven days.
• The 10 provinces reporting more than 50 cumulative cases in the new wave are Samut Sakhon (12,746), Bangkok (799),
Chonburi (649), Rayong (580), Samut Prakan (360), Chanthaburi (221), Nonthaburi (166), Ang Thong (113), Pathum Thani (87), and Nakhon Pathom (78).
• Of 783 cases reported in Thailand today, more than 99% were detected in Samut Sakhon, 0.5% in Bangkok and 0.3% in other provinces.
Read More on Covid-19 Thailand Situation Report
About the author
Thailand Business News covers the latest economic, market, investment, real-estate and financial news from Thailand and Asean. It also features topics such as tourism, stocks, banking, aviation, property, and more.