Wi-Fi HaLow™ Technology Enables Long-Range, Low-Power Connectivity for Smart Cameras
SYDNEY and IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Xailient, the leader in edge artificial intelligence (AI) for computer vision, today announced a strategic partnership with Morse Micro, a fast-growing fabless semiconductor company focused on Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity. Together, they are set to revolutionize the world of smart cameras with cutting-edge AI and Wi-Fi HaLow connectivity solutions.
The partnership between Xailient and Morse Micro accelerates the trend of practical, production-ready solutions in smart camera technology. By combining Xailient’s expertise in AI-powered computer vision with Morse Micro’s wireless communication prowess, the two companies aim to create smarter, more power efficient, longer range, and more reliable smart camera systems for a wide variety of applications.
“We are excited to collaborate with Morse Micro to bring the next generation of smart cameras to market,” said Lars Oleson, CEO of Xailient. “Our combined expertise will empower businesses and organizations to harness the full potential of AI-driven computer vision in a wireless, energy-efficient manner.”
Smart cameras are becoming increasingly important across multiple industries, from security and surveillance to industrial automation, retail analytics, and beyond. This collaboration will deliver innovative solutions that enhance the long-range wireless communications capabilities of these cameras, making them more intelligent, adaptable, and responsive to real-world challenges.
“Morse Micro’s partnership with Xailient will enable wireless smart camera designs capable of reaching farther than traditional Wi-Fi versions,” said Michael De Nil, CEO of Morse Micro. “Together, we will provide more robust, more cost-effective, and more scalable Wi-Fi HaLow smart camera solutions for a wide range of innovative applications.”
The partnership between Xailient and Morse Micro holds promise for industries seeking to deploy intelligent and connected camera systems that can optimize operations, enhance security, and deliver valuable insights. Additional benefits of this collaboration include:
- Advanced AI Capabilities: Xailient’s state-of-the-art AI models and algorithms will enable smart cameras to perform advanced tasks such as object detection, facial recognition, and anomaly detection.
- Long-Range Connectivity: Operating in the unlicensed ISM bands below 1 GHz, Wi-Fi HaLow can span long distances exceeding 1 km, well beyond the reach of traditional Wi-Fi protocols, greatly extending the range and coverage of smart camera networks.
- Ultra-Low-Power Wireless Connectivity: Morse Micro’s Wi-Fi HaLow technology is designed for ultra-low-power wireless communication, making it ideal for battery-operated and energy-efficient smart cameras.
- Real-Time Processing: Together, Xailient and Morse Micro will enable smart cameras to process data in real time, allowing for instantaneous decision-making and response, crucial for applications like security and automation.
- Scalability and Customization: The partnership will provide a platform for easy scalability and customization of smart camera solutions, ensuring they meet the specific needs of different industries and use cases.
Xailient is a leading provider of artificial intelligence solutions for computer vision applications. Their privacy-safe AI software enables real-time object detection, facial recognition, and other computer vision tasks in various applications, from security to retail. www.xailient.com
About Morse Micro
Morse Micro is a leading Wi-Fi HaLow fabless semiconductor company based in Sydney, with global offices. As the world’s premier Wi-Fi HaLow company, we pioneer next-gen IoT wireless connectivity solutions. Morse Micro is now sampling its Wi-Fi Alliance and FCC-certifiable MM6108 production silicon: the fastest, smallest, lowest power and longest-range Wi-Fi HaLow chip available in the market. For more information, go to morsemicro.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
The information provided in this article was created by Cision PR Newswire, our news partner. The author's opinions and the content shared on this page are their own and may not necessarily represent the perspectives of Thailand Business News.